8.25.2008

Mental Preparation

While I'm waiting, I've had time to roll everything over in my mind and imagine what it's going to be like...(yes, I'm still of the mindset that I am going!)

One of the things that I think is going to be the strangest to get used to will be the weather. Having the weather be consistently 80+ all the time seems like what I would imagine what the world would be like if all of the people were the same. Kind of boring.

I imagine it will be enjoyable but I picture myself always sort of waiting in the back of my mind for it to change. About 6 months of that and I'll quit waiting I'm sure. It will definitely be something different to get used to.

I like cold weather. My favorite clothes are fall and winter clothes. This is what sparked this thought process in the first place; I was looking through a catalog and found myself eyeing the vests and sweaters and had to remember I may not need those soon.

My friend said the air conditioning is pretty darn cold in some of the offices, maybe I can throw on a couple of layers and pretend it's December in Montana!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'd get used to it pretty fast...of course, I'm not much for cold weather.

Don't forget you have rainy season and dry season out there.

When I was a wee lass, in a past century, we moved from NJ to Kwaj in summer and I didn't miss the weather. Flying back from Hono, as I spied the mainland, I thought about how I'd probably never go back to Kwaj, but I would see snow again. And that was an interesting concept.