10.14.2008

Last of the Application Paperwork Sent

I sent the last of the official application paperwork to my new boss last night.
He will be turning it over to the human resources department in Huntsville today. Supposedly I will be hearing from someone there within a week. (So I can do more paperwork.)

This has been an interesting process. I'll have to get used to all the red tape that seems to be part of life on Kwajalein.

We visited a bit more about the job, what life is like there, the things I need to get out of my system before I go. I don't cook much so we eat out a lot and we eat good, apparently this is something I will be giving up; good food. Bummer. In the bachelors quarters, I won't even have a kitchen so cooking for myself will not even be an option. Oh well, that's what vacations are for I guess.

They still seem to think that I will be on my way out there by the end of November. That will be great timing. We've already gotten snow so I'll be leaving right about the time winter really sets in.

Now I have to get serious about the packing. The stuff that gets shipped can take about 30-45 days to arrive so I need to make sure I don't pack anything I can't live without for that long. My plan is to make three piles....taking, not sure, and storing. I'm hoping to keep the storing pile to a minimum. I have no concept yet about how much 750 pounds translates to. There may be some shuffling once I start adding it up. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: