12.28.2008

Adventures in Selling The Car

Whew!

The car is sold and I have a check in my hand.

This was a crazy deal....

Last night when we went to pick up the truck that my friend is letting us borrow until I leave, we had to jump start it...we knew that was going to be the case but while it was charging and warming up, JF accidentally locked the one and only key inside of it! We had to pay $65 to get it unlocked. Sheesh.

This morning, he had to jump it again to take it to work. He got the battery tested and it's toast, we have to get a new battery. When he went to get a new battery though they told him it would be Tuesday before they would have any in stock. As a reminder it's been about 10 below zero here for close to two weeks so there has been a run on batteries lately. So were walking or jump starting until Tuesday. Fun.

That's not the funny part though, well, funny isn't exactly the right term....weird....strange....unfortunate....

The guy that bought the car lives about 100 miles from here. He got a ride with one of his friends to pick up the car today; right about the time I was expecting them to show up, I got a call. One of the wheels on the truck they were driving fell off about 4 blocks from my house! He called and asked for a ride to come get the car while his friend was waiting for the tow truck to come get her truck out of the middle of the road.

Good grief!

The holidays have delayed any further progress with the HR end of things. The physical still has not been scheduled. I anticipate if everything else goes perfectly (HA!) that I would be heading out about the first week of February. So, if I add a little realism to that I might actually hit the island by the end of February.

Once I have some sort of finalized date we're going to throw an Aloha going away party. February would be a great time for that around here. That's typically when everyone is really getting sick of winter and we could use an excuse for a party.

So there you have it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you're going to Kwajalein!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Bowel tapeworms rock!! I know you think so too!! You were merely trying to pretend that you don't love parasites!!

Hallie

Rebecca said...

LOL!

Anyone reading my blog is going to wonder who the crazy lady is that post random, disgusting comments on my totally unrelated posts. :)

You have to visit http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com to understand!

Thanks Hallie!

Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews said...

excellent article. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
I'm really impressed by your blog.
Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I’ll certainly Digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

Best Rolling Coolers For beach