1.13.2009

As Long As My Plane Doesn't Crash

In the almost predictable fashion that everything else has happened (or not happened) in this process.....the physical was a bust today. The official kit that is used to collect and ship my vital fluids didn't arrive. And, because of this new delay, I'm not turning in my notice on Friday like I originally planned.

I get to go back on Wednesday to try it again. Thankfully my current company is very flexible with "appointments". I had to go back on Wednesday anyway because they gave me a TB test. The TB test involves injecting something under the skin on your arm and then seeing if you have a reaction. After 48 hours, they look at the injection sight and then sign you off as ok or take x-rays of your lungs if you test positive. I'm betting this is the real deal-breaker for whether you go or not.

I swear I should start taking bets. Lets start now.....anyone want to bet on how long it takes to get the blood test results and move on to the next stage? Assuming it gets done and sent on Wednesday? I'll give it one week. Which puts it at January 21st. Exactly four months from the date I was "hired".

I really hope I don't hate it. That would be a cruel reward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I remember my TB test. I was immunized. So of course it would have a positive reading... I couldn't find a record of my immunization. That was when I moved to Hawaii.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I totally GET why people use the word verification but it doesnt have to be rude and swear at me!! :)

And nope, no problem with crazy or bad stuff on my blog.

Knock on wood.

Hallie