1.07.2009

Short Timers Disease is Setting In

Just recently I have been having a hard time staying focused at my current job.
They still don't officially know; I have not turned in my notice yet and I have done really well not accidentally talking about the things I've done to get ready. I say officially because I'd be really surprised if my boss doesn't have some idea of my intentions. It's a tough balance between doing a good job and remaining detached enough that I'm not in the middle of a project no one can finish when I turn in my notice.

In actuality, I'm pretty sure that due to circumstances with the recent takeover, that I'm one of the first staffers on the chopping block anyway. I don't really fit in their culture or mindset and I never wanted to work for them anyway.

Someone finally asked about the truck I've been driving. Apparently everyone thought it belonged to JF. I told them I was cutting back on my expenses and they seemed to think that made sense. I'm glad....I really didn't want to have to flat out lie. There's a bit of truth to that.

It will be such a relief when this is finally over. It's stressful. I loved my job before the takeover. I want to be able to be open and honest...I feel like I've been sneaking around for months. Oh wait, I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U're doing the right thing. Two weeks notice is fair and will not be held against u. U should explain urself to ur supervisor. Don't burn any bridges, leave on a sincere and positive note (if u can). U'll never know when u need to network. - Also a fair warning. By default, the last person who left the team gets blamed for everything negative. Don't let it get to u.

Rebecca said...

LOL!
I'm positive you're right about getting all the blame for everything. That's kind of the way it is in IT in general. Everyone has their own way and of course theirs is always the best.

I think they will be somewhat surprised at just how much customer support I've been providing too. I feel bad that our clients are going to have less help but I have to let that go too.