1.29.2009

We're in a Holding Pattern Again

I've learned that I am a terribly impatient person in all of this and that my expectations are way too high. Let me give you a couple of examples:
  • When I'm told I will get a call on Monday to finalize things and go over the details; amazingly, I expect that to happen.
  • When I am told that I will get a call later in the day; my crazy self actually believes that's what will happen
  • When after the third time I've been told I will get a call and I don't; I'm actually irritated by that.

Can you believe me? I mean, why would I believe or expect any of that?

Hmmmm. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I say I'm going to do something, I do it. And if for some reason I'm not able to fulfill my promise, I let the person that I promised, know that I need more time or something came up. I don't just leave them hanging....wondering....worrying.

I realize I have a full two and half weeks before I'm supposed to be leaving (is that a long time?) but I would like to get things done ahead of time instead of waiting until the last minute. At this point, I have no travel arrangements, no forwarding address, no housing arranged, oh and in a week and a half....no job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, You need to slow down. Take a few deep breaths. Make yourself a tropical drink and get into the island mode. Once you arrive you will see the island mode.

You've come this far the rest will happen on island time.

Rebecca said...

Good advice.

I expect island time on the island but I haven't gotten there yet!

Anonymous said...

Having gone through this several time myself: chill out first! Then don't expect others to serve you, rather serve them and make their job - ie what you want them to do - easy. Ask them what they need to get it done. It worked for me well. - Of course my opinion of 'em is shot. I rather work with ppl like you, functional folks.

Rebecca said...

That's good advice too.
I think I can apply that!
Thank you.