2.22.2009

My First Snorkeling Experience

Rebecca Snorkeling

I was invited to go snorkeling today, there is a group that gets together every week about the same time and goes. I was very excited to get the opportunity after only being on island for less than a week. It was a lot of fun! I didn't go very far from shore, maybe a couple hundred feet at the most. There is so much salt in the water it was really easy to float.

This was really my first salt water experience and it was strange to have salty water in my mouth. Before this, my only real ocean experience was the Oregon Coast. While it's very beautiful the water is so cold it makes you bones ache so I have never been swimming in the ocean before. We usually spend the entire summer on the lake in Montana so I'm used to freshwater.

I have to say I love the waterproof camera, it was worth the extra money. Here are a few shots from today:
Fish
More Fish
Still More Fish
I of course missed the best shots of the most colorful fish....being the first time I've snorkeled and the fact that I was coordinated enough to get any pictures at all makes me happy.

I'm doing well, I enjoy it here. I can see myself being here for quite awhile, if I can get JF out here. If not, I'll be headed back right away, I really miss him.

No comments: