11.06.2010

Suck It Up!

Currently we are having yet another tropical storm. The wind is blowing 30MPH gusting to 37MPH and of course there is a great deal of rain. I am trapped at work. The work bus stopped running over an hour ago and my route home is straight into all that wind and rain. All I have on is jean shorts, a tank top and leather sandals. Nice.

In looking at the radar, it does not appear this is going to end any time soon so I am currently debating waiting it out or just sucking it up and getting as wet as a person can possibly get without going swimming. I wish I had the option to call for a ride today, but I don't.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Terry said...

How I will enjoy reading this blog when it gets below zero this winter!

Unknown said...

oh man... I could tell you a story about the rain... It was early 1970's. I was in 7th grade at the Jr/Sr HS. There was a fire drill (which turned out later to be a bomb scare). We were stuck outside when we were hit with almost gale force type winds due to a hurricane passing us by. Everyone was soaked. By the time we got the "all clear" it was lunch time. So, we road our bikes home against the wind. Rain was falling sideways. They ended up giving us extra time for our lunch so we had time to dry off, change clothes and eat lunch. That was a fun day!

Rebecca said...

@Terry
Most of my friends back home in MT start telling me to shut up about the time it starts snowing there. It's not til about May when they start talking to me again!

@Debbie
That's something that's funny to me....you get accommodations for the rain here. You can be late to work waiting for the rain to pass.

Unknown said...

My favorite memory about the rain is sitting at the Richardson, with a poncho and umbrella watching a movie.